From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Monday, February 21, 2011

I Had Intended to Get More of Lera's Story Out This Morning....

I have observed this little guy out in the pasture before... he comes "visiting."  I don't know where he is from, but he managed to break all the horses out because I had tied the gate with a "hay tie."  They are yellow or orange, made out of  a fibrous plastic, and being the "green person" I am, I save and reuse them.  I repair fence with them, hang bird feeders, and since I never nail anything to a tree, attach things to trees with them.  They are as strong as chain... unless they have a little bit of left over hay stuck in them, and a visiting little black goat nibbles that and the plastic tie away.... So I will spend the morning rounding up and coaching all the horses back in the pasture, and repairing all the hoof print impressions so the lawn mower will run smoothly.  My first clue was the donkey peeking in the french door this morning.  Donkey had to climb 12 steps to get to that french door.  She seems to think I have nothing better to do than to come out and play.  Donkeys have some flawed ideas about life, just like some people I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment