From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Wonderful Thanksgiving in Vogelweh, Germany


We are having such a wonderful Thanksgiving in Germany!  My daughter, her Soldier, and my beautiful grand-daughters are all well and happy as a military family.  Our turkey and dressing, plus the long flight time leaves me full, and lounging contented and grateful for the wonderful life that is mine.  One of the best parts of the day for me was my grand-daughter Gabby's rendition of "You're a Grand Old Flag."  Also her teacher has taught the third grade class Gabby is in the Preamble to the Constitution.  These two little videos are great entertainment at the end of  a Thanksgiving celebration.






Of course you need a great rendition of  You're a Grand Old Flag to top off the gratitude I feel for being born in such a great country with all the personal liberties we enjoy.  She first sang this to me right after I was picked up from the airport and we were in the car on the way to the base.  It had been two and a half years since I had hugged her last, it was a very emotional moment for me.  A little tingle ran the length of my spine thinking of how much I love her, have missed her and the rest of her family, and what the cost of liberty really is.






  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brat, it has been so long since I have seen them, and Randy has been gone so long too, I needed to see them, and they needed to see me. I am so grateful for every family willing to serve the country and make the sacrifices, and do it so well while singing "You're a Grand Old Flag."

      Delete