From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Monday, February 3, 2014

I Made Italian Chilli for Supper!

It is so easy, and perfect on a cold and wet day!    


Just take a one pound roll of Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage, mix with a cup water so when you brown it in a couple tablespoons of butter, it comes out very fine, not in big lumps.  Add chopped onions, red peppers, and green peppers.  I like McCormick's Red Pepper and Garlic seasoning, plus salt and pepper. When that is all nice and brown, pour in two #2 cans of tomato sauce with zucchini, and one can of tomato paste in your stock pot.  Then two cups of water, stir and then simmer for 20 minutes.  Next bring the chilli to a rolling boil, add three fourths a cup of water with three tablespoons of corn starch dissolved in it, stir in until smooth, and simmer an additional 20 minutes.  Sprinkle a little grated Parmesan on top, I didn't have any tonight, so I used mild cheddar, I love cheddar!  Add a green salad, and if you are not on a diet like me, Mrs. Schubert's rolls are great with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment