From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just Tap is the Name of This Talented Dance Troupe from Washington D.C.

This dance troupe really lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face.
While visiting Washington D.C., I was able to enjoy The Smithsonian Castle Garden Day Event. It was such a beautiful and delightful event. My husband had just told me that it would be another year before I could join him in the Middle East where he is serving. My heart was so heavy as I prepared to go back to Texas. It was several hours before I could catch my flight when he dropped me off at the airport, and he gave me a metro pass so that I could leave my bag at the USO, and go into Washington to tour and take photos. I had no idea The Smithsonian Castle was having their Garden Day. I had such a wonderful time at this event. I have beautiful photos! This video of the tap group Just Tap is what for me was the high light of whole thing. They performed giving an historical look at the art of tap dancing, and as they smiled and danced to the music, my heart left the dark place it was in, and I found myself in the light of total joy. I highly recommend visiting their web site, Google Quynn Johnson or Just Tap if you want to feel great today! This art form is for everyone... We are certainly talking happy feet here! I know there isn't a person in this world, who when no one was looking, hasn't let their feet do the talking at least once!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment