From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Culture and Society Worships Physical Beauty

I am artistic in my soul, I love beautiful things, beautiful furniture, beautiful flowers, beautiful jewelery, beautiful children, (of course all children are beautiful, they are so fresh from God's hand,) beautiful sunsets or sun rises, beautiful words, and beautiful men and women.  However, soon the memory of the individual flower, the face of a child in Walmart, or the jewelery in the shop is forgotten.  

Things I remember and hold dear are those things full of personal meaning, my own wedding ring, my own rose garden, the view across the pasture from my back porch, and the people in my life whom I love, and whom love me.  All of them are physically attractive to me, their faces, shapes, and colors, but perhaps they would not be so to others, for their attractiveness is found not in my eye, but in my heart.

As far as physically beautiful people go, especially women, that scripture in Proverbs describes all that physical beauty grants a person, as well as the qualities that are to truly be valued.  "Charm is deceitful and beauty fades; but a woman who fears the LORD will be praised."  Another scripture says it like this, "all people are like grass, and all their beauty is like a flower of the field.  The grass dries up and the flower drops off."  

What makes me truly value another lies in a selfish motive, which I believe none can deny being a slave to.  Maya Angelou says it best:  "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." 

I would add, they will forget what you look like...

I cannot post the pictures I would like to, Blogger doesn't seem to be functioning for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment