From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Friday, October 11, 2013

I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE GOING TO LOVE TRAVELER THE SQUIRREL!

Remember me telling you about the little squirrel that was given to us while we were in Branson, Missouri?  We were in Forever Grand Vacations doing some business, and a young woman had this little baby squirrel she had rescued, and could not keep him, so she was looking for a new "rescuer."  His name is Traveler, and he is growing like the proverbial little weed, and his personality is getting cuter every day too!  He has become very attached to us, and he loves to play like a kitten.  In this little video he is up and raring to go early in the morning.  He has been chasing the broom as I sweep the den, and so I set down to play with him awhile on the sofa.  (He is trained to a liter box already.)  

He boxes my hand, plays with my fingers, kinda gets tired and sleepy again as I pet him some.  Then he decides I need a bath and some grooming help.  He patiently takes his tiny little tongue and cleans my hand.  Shortly after that he gets sleepy and curls up for a nap, and I put him back in his little habitat, although he would much prefer to sleep in my lap.  He really is adorable, wait until you see him playing with the cat toy, a little mouse on an elastic string which he boxes and bites at.  That will be my next video of him, but for now, Traveler playing "awesome stalking beast of the jungle," and then giving me a manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment