From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Peek-a-Goat"






This is Rocket the goat playing "Peek-a-Goat."  This little miniature goat has been a sweet addition to our petting zoo She was so shy when we first got her I thought she would never interact.  She would panic and run crazily around every time anyone entered her pen, and just tremble all over.  That is when I thought up "peek a goat."  I just started sitting down behind her little house and hiding and letting her shyly peek around the corner at me.  She loves this game and now is very social.  When I would hide behind her little house in her pen she would get so curious she would peek around the sides and over the top at me, and she was in control of the situation, she looked at me only as long as she wanted toThat changed our whole relationship, she no longer felt threatened.  She now will follow us anywhere we go in the yard, and loves to be petted.

No comments:

Post a Comment