From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tomorrow We Celebrate Love, So What is Love?

Valentine's Day is mainly to celebrate romantic love, and no one is a bigger fan of romantic fun than I am.  Since my main squeeze is a world away, I just send him pictures of his Valentine's Day gift as I have learned that mail going to the Middle East has a hundred different ways it can go astray, especially if it is a gift.  So after I found this gift for Randy, I just went ahead and hung it in our bedroom for him to enjoy when he comes home.  He is hard to buy a gift for, because he is an uncomplicated man, and needs very few "things" in life to make him happy.  The place where he is gratified is in being able to do significant work, and to do it well.  Don't tell his employers please, but he would do the work for free... all he needs is a place to sleep or rest, and food.  With those accommodations he is good to go.  That is another of the many reasons I love and admire him so.  When I found this piece of art work with the horses and the simple prayer, it reminded me of him, and I knew he would like it.

Of course that romantic kind of love is known as eros in the Greek, and is the kind where two people become intimate, and they are joined in not just a physical act but joined in spirit.  This kind of love is part sexual, which is a good thing in a marriage relationship, and as God designed.





                        


 

No comments:

Post a Comment