From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Have Always Been a Romantic



"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."  C.S. Lewis


I have always been a romantic, and my friend Judy Pritchett made a post on facebook about it being her 28th wedding anniversary today that made my heart flutter.  The story is the epitome of a military romance and I begged her to let me post it here... sigh...  How it makes my heart smile....  Of course no telling of a romance story is complete without a wedding photo, and her's is so beautiful.  Happy Anniversary to you both!  You are proof that the military family is alive and flourishing!



  
Today my husband and I celebrate our 28th Wedding Anniversary! Hard to believe it's been that long already. For those of you who don't know our story, we were 17 yr old soldiers (we met in AIT, both combat medics) and only knew each other for 30 short days when we decided to tie the knot. It's been a rockin' ride and God must have known how badly we both needed someone to love. We have raised a family, conquered mountains, and had to accept our fair share of defeats, but there is no one else I could ever imagine having to go through life with! He has been my rock in times of trouble, my voice of reason when I needed it (oh boy, that is a job in itself!) and he loves me unconditionally (he deserves a medal for that!) I guess I just can't say enough when it comes to how wonderful he is. I am one lucky girl and I can't wait to see what the next 28 years brings for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment