From the Ranch

From the Ranch

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Was Fearful Again Today, Until..

I finally went to sleep last night after a long season of prayer.  I have been so worried about my husband who is presently serving at the American Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq.  Once again, my spirit was troubled, and I found myself distressed with worry.  As I posted here and there on facebook with those I know to be persons who will pray, and asked for prayer, I came across something one of my strong women friends had written about being fearful... God loves me so, answers very clearly my prayers, and so I share what God shared with me through a strong woman named Stephanie Nally. 
Stephanie Nally,   

"I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart.  I guess a loving woman is indestructible."  John Steinbeck, East of Eden

This morning I was reading in Luke 8:22-25 and Mark 4:35-41, it is about Jesus Calming the Storm. I love this passage and this certainly isn't the first time I have read it. This time I heard something more as I read it several times. Is case you aren't familiar this passage is where the Jesus and his disciples are in a boat at night going to the other side of the lake. Jesus falls asleep in the boat and a terrible storm comes and scares the disciples. They wake him up and ask him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" Jesus gets up & says "Quiet! Be still!" to the wind and waves and they obey. Then this is the part that gets me, "Jesus said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" The disciples have been with Jesus watching him heal the sick, raise the dead,
drive out demons, performing all these and many more miracles and they still were scared even though Jesus was right there with them in the boat during the storm. How quickly we forget how He loves us and how He is here with us always. During those times when things in our lives seem impossible we need to hang on to the TRUTH. God is with us all we need to do is call out to Him. Remember all the times He has been good to you and hang onto Him. There is no need to be in a panic God has our backs. I think well I know that during the hardships and trials I face I need to sit and be still with Him and remember all the wonderful things God has done for me first. Then I need to give to Him in prayer whatever is burdening me and believe in faith He will comfort me and help me, in His timing and His ways.
Thank you so much Stephanie for sharing your thoughts and God's message to you in scripture this morning, for they were God's message to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment